Monday, August 15, 2011

Dance with Connects:


  •          Change in curriculum to increase thinking and engagement: When I am teaching my students I know that if it is relatable to them they will pay attention. It is so much better when they can discuses about it. I have found that before I get started with my students I have them answer a question(s) about or relating to what we are going to be doing that day and then take time to talk about a few of them.
  •          Learn today: I had so much fun using the x-box today. I know that I will be able to apply this to my classroom and maybe use it to have my students have a unit on it. I am sure that my students could even apply this even more if it means that they get to play.
  •          Want to learn: I want to be able to find more places to get technology for my students without paying for it.
  •          Biggest challenge with mathematics, vocabulary, and needs: I have found that when I am teaching Geometry and Algebra 2 that building on previously taught vocabulary or having the vocabulary be cross curriculum. Not just coming from me but from other teachers.
  •         Process help: I have found that using the 5 C’s all of my students are able to retain the vocabulary and the concepts. It is also helpful to remember that math is another language. In fact I took a couple of ESL classes this summer to better reach the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment