Friday, February 4, 2011

Data, Data, Data

Today was a good day for data. With being a math teacher I forget that data can be interpreted in so many different ways. I know that there is so many different ways of getting data but I forget that the kids need to look at the data a be able to say what is going on. I know that there is so much emphasise on covering standards and we have so much trouble reaching some of the standards. Today was great on making sure to think of how to get the kids involved.
I am a little worried that I when I am trying to use the data that I ask to veg of questions or to specific of questions. I  would like to have a couple more examples of each.
I know I am starting to get into chapters with my Algebra 2 kids soon that I can show exponential data and then show exponential graphs with the data. I am hoping to be able to have the kids come up with their own questions for the graphs and exploring on there own. With more practice they will be able to see a trend so they can apply it to formulas too.

No comments:

Post a Comment